Saturday, June 4th, 2011
SWING INTO SUMMER!
Auction and Dinner
Saturday, June 4th from 5:30-8:30 pm at St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church
Our “not to be missed” event is combining good food, fellowship, and the opportunity to bid on unusual and creative silent & live auction items. Proceeds go directly to the St. Bart’s operating fund. Tom and Laurie Hyndman will be our talent auctioneers, and we want YOU to participate in the fun! Here’s what you can do:
There is a $15 per person, $25 per couple or $30 per family charge at the door.
Come enjoy a delicious main course of grilled chicken and vegetables prepared by the Secret Society of St. Bart’s Grillers. (Wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages will be included.)
Here's just a sampling of this year's auction items...
- A week’s vacation in a beautifully appointed winterized house in Rangeley – for summer or winter fun (your choice!)
- Sterling silver and bead bracelet by Lu Tingley
- Oil painting of porpoise rock on an island in Maine
- Personal help creating your own website
- A Dutch dinner for 8, including wine
- One week’s vacation lawn mowing, while you are away
- Swedish therapeutic massage, Polarity Therapy or Ortho-Bionomy Therapy
- Be a passenger in Irv Bickford’s 1910 Tonawanda truck in the Clam Festival parade!
- A day’s fresh water bass fishing for 1
- One cord of seasoned hardwood firewood
- Two- for- one tickets to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum
- “Fruit Tree Pruning” lesson, by expert pruner Peter Chandler
- An all day Boston shopping trip with Carmen Greenlee
- Public Speaking Coaching for any type presentation
- A delicious Joe Mazotti Casserole for 12
- Pastel painting of the leaves of fall Birches in the light of an Indian summer day, by Anne MacLeod.
- $25 gift certificate to Bruce’s Burritos
- Photography lessons and field trip
- Wine Tasting Private Party in Your Home with Freeport Wine and Cheese host/owner, Eric Fullagar
- Commute "another way" to work in Portland - by boat, with Morris Hancock
- 5 course "Game" (pheasant and quail) dinner in the home of Susan Soule and Don McCrann
- "The Way Life Should Be" - a bounty of Maine, dinner for 10 in the ocean view home of Susannah White, with Will Chapman, Holly Mitchell, Imelda Schaefer and Weesie Barton. The best harvest of Maine in September 2011
- One week in a Condo at Sugarloaf in January 2012
- One week in Susan Tureen's "cottage" (that sleeps 6) on White Head Island in the Bay of Fundy
- 1 and 1/2 hours of fly casting lessons for five children, at the LL Bean Outdoor Discovery School
NEW this year will be the St. Bart’s Art Show and Sale. This is open to all ages and abilities who would like to participate. (Kids don’t be shy!) Start creating your masterpieces and let the bidding begin! For questions, contact Anne MacLeod (846-5723 or email@example.com)
THANK YOU AND SEE YOU SATURDAY!!